2 questions regarding these 2 parts of my code (new user)

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Gustavs14
Regular

2 questions regarding these 2 parts of my code (new user)

#1 Post by Gustavs14 »

Here is the 1st code - http://imgur.com/a/Ke6pS

So my question is:

1. How do I make all of the 4 choices go back to 1 "path" (As you see, everything ends with "Door opens", and after that, I want the story to progress only through 1 path before I open it up again with multiple choices. I basically want all 4 options to fade transition into 1 picture (which would be inside the house).

Here is the 2nd code - http://imgur.com/a/yFdan

1. How do I show the "enteringtheapartment3" image? Currently it doesn't show up, even though there is no "error", as per say. I feel like I'm doing the code wrong (this probably has to do with "closing" the menu options like in my first question, cause I doubt it works with return like it's currently programmed in my code. I basically want to close the "menu" and return back to a previous or a next image.

So yeah, these questions I guess are more about how to close the menu...

Any help?

dragondatingsim
Regular
Tumblr: angelswithscalywings

Re: 2 questions regarding these 2 parts of my code (new user

#2 Post by dragondatingsim »

1. In your example, you could make a label for where you want the game to continue after the door opens, and then have the game jump to it at the end of each of the 4 branching paths.

Alternatively, you could've just put all the code you have in the 4 different labels where the jump statements are and the game would continue after each of them with whatever non-indented statement is next in the script.

2. When exactly do you want the image to show up? After the main character says "Ah, that's better?" The statement would need to be indented for that and before the return too.