Question on labels screens and flow control

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
papiersam
Veteran
Completed: Gem Hunt Beta, 1/Probably, Animunch
Projects: The Panda Who Dreamed

Re: Question on labels screens and flow control

#16 Post by papiersam »

This is the sort of thing I'd love to see in the documentation. More common use case topics. Scrubbing through the docs right now is painful when you aren't sure exactly what you are looking for.
Definitely look into the cookbook. If we filled the doc with more than just the bare examples there--given the massive length of examples we could make--it'd be a lot harder to find what we're looking for, and things would get chaotic fast.
I'm subscribed to renpy on GitHub...but somehow I suspect that isn't the same thing as forking? Maybe a quick tutorial on how do to it could be good? Also for Mac users as well?
If I'm not mistaken, forking Renpy on github means to fork the repository, or make an individual copy, to use at your own discretion. So PyTom is saying to make your own copy, go into the sphinx/source directory and edit the documentation there (github has a web interface fro editing these things), and then send him a pull request so he can include the changes in the original/official github repository.

I think this should show how to go about the forking process.