[SOLVED] Granting a Steam Achievement as a screen action?

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
pfranzen
Regular
Completed: Cat President 1+2, Internet Court, Too Many Santas, The Awkward Steve Duology, The Pizza Delivery Boy Who Saved the World, Francy Droo & Friends
Organization: Oh, a Rock! Studios
itch: oharock

[SOLVED] Granting a Steam Achievement as a screen action?

#1 Post by pfranzen »

Hi all! I'm adding Steam Achievement support to a game I released last year, and so far it's going smoothly, but I do have one question—is it possible to grant a Steam Achievement as a screen action?

e.g., I was thinking of granting an achievement for clicking the social media icons on our title screen ("Like & Subscribe!"), but I'm not sure if there are any screen actions that would enable this.
Last edited by pfranzen on Sun May 21, 2017 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Divona
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: The Falconers: Moonlight
Organization: Bionic Penguin
itch: bionicpenguin

Re: Granting a Steam Achievement as a screen action?

#2 Post by Divona »

You can still use Ren'Py/Python function in Screen with Function().

Code: Select all

imagebutton auto "social_%s.png" action [ Function(achievement.grant, "Like & Subscribe!"), OpenURL("https://www.facebook.com") ]
Completed:

pfranzen
Regular
Completed: Cat President 1+2, Internet Court, Too Many Santas, The Awkward Steve Duology, The Pizza Delivery Boy Who Saved the World, Francy Droo & Friends
Organization: Oh, a Rock! Studios
itch: oharock

Re: Granting a Steam Achievement as a screen action?

#3 Post by pfranzen »

Cool, I had no idea!! Thank you!