Help: About text position.

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Ulises Roth
Completed: None.
Projects: Translation of: "Tomboys Need Love Too", "Requiescence"
IRC Nick: Ulises_Roth

Help: About text position.

#1 Post by Ulises Roth »

Hi ^^ I´m new to both Renpy and Python, so I basically know nothing. I have a question: I want to customize the shape of my textbox. For example, let´s say that, instead of a long rectangle at the bottom of the screen, I want my narration text to appear in a square in the center of it, or in the upper left side of the screen. How can I achieve that?

TellerFarsight
Veteran
Projects: Vora, Secrets Untold

Re: Help: About text position.

#2 Post by TellerFarsight »

The textbox itself is an image that you can find in the directory, which you can replace with a textbox image with a size and shape of your own choosing. You can then go into one of the script files (I don't remember which one among gui, screens, or options) and move it using basically a coordinate system. The text itself you can move and reshape separately so that it fits inside your new textbox. This is also a set of values you can find in one of the other script files and change to your heart's content!
I recommend looking through the Ren'Py documentation and other posts on this forum on how to do these things, you'll probably learn some python along the way.

Ulises Roth
Completed: None.
Projects: Translation of: "Tomboys Need Love Too", "Requiescence"
IRC Nick: Ulises_Roth

Re: Help: About text position.

#3 Post by Ulises Roth »

It was gui. Thanks for the help!!! :D