Help! How do you completely redo the game menu?

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
emz911
Regular

Help! How do you completely redo the game menu?

#1 Post by emz911 »

Hi there, I'm making my first Renpy game and am kind of stuck...
Here's the problem: I wanted to absolutely redo the in-game menu. When you press the Menu button, you get Pic #1 (below as a reference).
p1.PNG
Then when you hit each button, you get a different screen (Pic #2 as Save/Load screen), where you press the ^ button above to return to Pic #1.
P2.PNG
P2.PNG (6.78 KiB) Viewed 382 times
Here's where my problem comes in. Calling the menu screen from #1 worked, but the default GUI menu buttons are still on the left and I don't know how to get them away (Pic #3). Here's what mine kind of looks like:
P3.PNG
P3.PNG (9.81 KiB) Viewed 382 times
I tried commenting the buttons but then the main menu buttons disappear too because game menu and main menu are connected I believe?
So I was trying to make a completely new screen that acts the same as the S/L screen but that didn't work because pasting the original code just made it the same thing.
Is there any way to get rid of the left menu? Please help!! The screen codes are so confusing... Thanks! :|