Individual Character voice volume bar? [solved]

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Belgerum
Regular
Soundcloud: Belgerum
itch: Belgerum

Individual Character voice volume bar? [solved]

#1 Post by Belgerum »

I'm trying to make a menu in which one can adjust the volume of individual character voices. I'm hoping I'll be able to use an adjustable bar, but that seems to not be working for whatever reason. Is there a certain variable I can put into the following code to have the bar adjust the volume level of a voice tag?

Code: Select all

text "Character 1 Voice Level"
bar value [[variable]]
This part of the documentation says that a "new VoiceVolume() value" can be used to adjust volume for individual character voices, but there is no explanation of how it is used, nor anything else. Is this somehow relevant? I've been searching around, but can't find what I might be missing.
Last edited by Belgerum on Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vollschauer
Veteran
Github: vollschauer

Re: Individual Character voice volume bar?

#2 Post by vollschauer »

Code: Select all

bar pos (xx, xx) value SetCharacterVolume("your_voice_tag_you_set")
https://www.renpy.org/doc/html/voice.html

Belgerum
Regular
Soundcloud: Belgerum
itch: Belgerum

Re: Individual Character voice volume bar?

#3 Post by Belgerum »

Thanks a lot! I was thinking that could only be used as a screen action, and didn't try it. Working great now!