Scrollbar looks customization not working

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Desutard

Scrollbar looks customization not working

#1 Post by Desutard »

I recently started helping on renpy's based game and I managed to create a scrollable window. The problem is, a scrollbar is ugly and I fail to change it. The file in attachments presents what it looks like right now.

According to this all I need to do is place image files (to be used for scrollbar's rendering) in proper directory. Well, they're here already, and none of the images is anywhere close to green.

I haven't got much experience in renpy yet and I'm also not fully familiar with the project I'm helping with, so I can't say for sure if that issue comes from some strangely customized settings. Renpy's version used for this project is currently 6.99.12.2.

Thank you for your time. If there's anything I should add (ie some code, although I'm not sure what part of code would be needed to describe this issue in more details), please let me know.
Attachments
wow_so_green.png
wow_so_green.png (1.12 KiB) Viewed 880 times

vollschauer
Veteran
Github: vollschauer

Re: Scrollbar looks customization not working

#2 Post by vollschauer »

About copying your images to the right location, yes... basically but it depends if your guys started the project with the OLD or NEW GUI.
I don't know how far your project is in development, but since you are not familiar with Ren'Py at all, I would suggest that you grap the latest SDK
create a new empty project and start playing with it a bit...... and do your changes there first.

Desutard

#3 Post by Desutard »

vollschauer wrote: it depends if your guys started the project with the OLD or NEW GUI.
What do you mean? And how old an new GUIs are different in terms of rendering scollbars?
I am also not so sure how downloading new SDK and creating new project would help me with anything. Basically you suggest that I should start this new project and then modify it to the point where it's actually our project but with updated renpy files?

TellerFarsight
Veteran
Projects: Vora, Secrets Untold

#4 Post by TellerFarsight »

Is your image in the directory called wow_so_green.png? Did you change the code to reflect that, or is it maybe still grabbing the other scrollbar?
Current Project: Vora
Also Check Out: Devil Survivor [Reverse-Engineered]

Desutard

#5 Post by Desutard »

Nononono, this image I attached represents what scrollbar looks like right now. The files for scrollbar rendering are in the directory pointed in this tutorial page I linked in first post, and I have every single file mentioned in that tutorial (and by all means neither of them is green). But for some reason these files seem not to be used by renpy to render scrollbar - whatever I do, it remains green.

philat
Eileen-Class Veteran

#6 Post by philat »

Pretty sure that's not the new gui. So that tutorial may not be the one you want. viewtopic.php?f=51&t=27332

It's possible that the game has already been customized not to use the default gui scrollbars. Or it may just not be a new gui game. Use shift + I (that's i as in inspect) to see where the scrollbar is defined and what styles it's using.