setting a Desicion

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
AscaronGaming

setting a Desicion

#1 Post by AscaronGaming »

Hi here . . .

i have currently a Problem to make / set a Desicion in my Script, because i get everytime of the last 2 Hours an error Message, thats why i write now here and i hope you can help me.

Thats what i have / done at the Moment:

menu:
"I'm from Germany, Hamburg why?":
jump fromgermany
"You are really curios, right?":
jump reallycurios
label fromgermany:
Akiko "Wow! I know Hamburg just of Pictures."
return
label reallycurios:
Akiko "This is a part of my Business, to know my Recruts."
return

but i get everytime in the different way's i try the parsing the script failed, please help me, thanks :)

Potato0095
Regular
Projects: LoveCraft
itch: potato95

Re: setting a Desicion

#2 Post by Potato0095 »

Try this one.

Code: Select all

menu:
	"I'm from Germany, Hamburg why?":
		jump fromgermany
	"You are really curios, right?":
		jump reallycurios
label fromgermany:
	Akiko "Wow! I know Hamburg just of Pictures."
	return
label reallycurios:
	Akiko "This is a part of my Business, to know my Recruts."
	return
Use Atom, it's way easier for newbies like you and me.
"There are two types of lies: Lies that hurt, and lies that don't."

AscaronGaming

#3 Post by AscaronGaming »

This is not really a Help, but thanks ;-)

Potato0095
Regular

#4 Post by Potato0095 »

AscaronGaming wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:12 pm This is not really a Help, but thanks ;-)
Sorry, let me get rebooted here. Well, basically, you're writting without indentations. You can put one indentation with tab, they're used to group statements into blocks. You'll be using lots of them since they're very important, also, they'll give syntax or logical errors when it's incorrect. You can find it a better explanation here:

Indentation and blocks:
https://www.renpy.org/doc/html/language ... and-blocks

Common Statement Syntax
https://www.renpy.org/doc/html/language ... ent-syntax

Here's an example I made

label start: # <-- the colon here starts a block
        e "So, you're back huh?" # <-- Here I just hit tab one time
        menu: # <-- Another colon, for the block
		"Yes, I'm":
			jump finally # <-- This jump is part of the answer "Yes, I'm", so I need to add a colon after an answer and write the line "inside" it (Also, see the indentation and blocks I linked ahead for better understanding)
		"Of course!":
			e "Hehe." # < -- I writed these two in the same block because they're both part of the answer, of course, I could've writed just the jump label, but I'm trying to show some of the basics here.
			jump well
label finally: # < -- The label for the 1st answer.
	e "You're not welcome here anymore." # < -- Since the say statement here is part of the block, I needed to tab, if I didn't, the game wouldn't work.
	return

label well:
	e "You made a serious mistake 2 years ago, and another one right now."
	return

Well, you know labels and jumps (I think), but if you don't, here's the page, it's quite easy.

Label statement:
https://www.renpy.org/doc/html/label.ht ... -statement

Jump statement:
https://www.renpy.org/doc/html/label.ht ... -statement

As I said before, use Atom, it has many useful features, like auto-indentation itself.

AscaronGaming

#5 Post by AscaronGaming »

Hi there . . .

i have again a Problem, because i fixed my first and now i have the next about that.

scene HQ
    show Akiko at right
    show Taro at left
    Taro "Und wo befinden sich die Unterkünfte?"
    Akiko "Die befinden sich im Westen der Insel, da dort auch die Schulungsräume sowie die Sportanlagen zu finden sind."
    Akiko "Wohin möchtest Du zu erst?"
    menu:
        "Ich recht sportlich, daher würde ich mir gerne die Sportanlage anschauen.":
            jump sportarea

"Ich würde gerne erst meine Sachen verstauen bevor wir mit der Führung weiter machen, geht das?":
            jump livingarea

label sportarea:
        Akiko "Sehr gerne, vielleicht haben wir ja Glück und bekommen das Training der ersten Flotte noch mit!"

label livingarea:
        Akiko "Das kann ich sehr gut verstehen, der Flug wahr bestimmt sehr anstrengend."
The Process is running good, but if i come to the desicion to choose 1 or 2 and if i choose 1, i get the mormal Answer for 1, but after i get the Answer of the secound Choice too - how i can fix that ?

Thx so long

Potato0095
Regular

#6 Post by Potato0095 »

Well, that's normal for now, you didn't use the return statement, so Ren'Py assumes this is still part of the same asnwer.

label sportarea:
        Akiko "Sehr gerne, vielleicht haben wir ja Glück und bekommen das Training der ersten Flotte noch mit!"
	return # < -- Use this when the game is done and you want to return to the main menu, if you don't, just use another jump or something similar.
Last edited by Potato0095 on Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

AscaronGaming

#7 Post by AscaronGaming »

Potato0095 wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:23 am Well, that's normal for now, you didn't use the return label, so Ren'Py assumes this is still part of the same asnwer.

label sportarea:
	return # < -- Use this when the game is done and you want to return to the main menu, if you don't, just use another jump or something similar.
Thanks Potato, but this is not really what i want, because the Context should jump normal after the Answer to the Location of my first desicion or if i choose the second to this, but if i wirte it so like the script it dosent work too . . .

menu:
            jump sportarea

"Ich würde gerne erst meine Sachen verstauen bevor wir mit der Führung weiter machen, geht das?":
            jump livingarea

label HQ1:
        jump sportarea

label HQ2:
        Akiko "Das kann ich sehr gut verstehen, der Flug war bestimmt sehr anstrengend."
        jump livingarea

label sportarea:

scene Sport
    show Akiko at right
    show Taro at left
        Akiki "Das hier ist die Sportanlage. Hier trainieren wir täglich 2 bis 3 Stunden für unsere Kondition und Beweglichkeit, sowie Zielgenauigkeit im Kampf."
        Akiko "Leider haben wir kein Glück und können einer der höheren Klassen beim Training zu schauen, aber dafür wird es noch mehr als Genug Zeit geben."
        Taro "Ein beeindruckendes Trainingsgelände habt Ihr hier, gefällt mir sehr gut. Alles da was man braucht, sehr schön."

but the Jump is not working, but i do all right i think ?O.o

AscaronGaming

#8 Post by AscaronGaming »

Problem is fixed, Thanks *_*

Potato0095
Regular

#9 Post by Potato0095 »

You're having problem with your jump right? I assume you want to jump to HQ1 or HQ2 depending on the answer and then go to "sportarea" or "livingarea", so I made some modifications on your script trying to fix your problem and I marked them with comments like I did before. If I misunderstood something here just let me know, I don't think I understood your problem clearly, sorry about it.

menu:
            jump HQ1 # < -- This will jump to the label HQ1, from there it'll jump for sportarea.

jump HQ2 # < -- This will jump to the label HQ2, from there it'll jump for livingarea.

label HQ1:
        jump sportarea

label HQ2:
        Akiko "Das kann ich sehr gut verstehen, der Flug war bestimmt sehr anstrengend."
        jump livingarea

label sportarea:

scene Sport
    show Akiko at right
    show Taro at left
        Akiki "Das hier ist die Sportanlage. Hier trainieren wir täglich 2 bis 3 Stunden für unsere Kondition und Beweglichkeit, sowie Zielgenauigkeit im Kampf."
        Akiko "Leider haben wir kein Glück und können einer der höheren Klassen beim Training zu schauen, aber dafür wird es noch mehr als Genug Zeit geben."
        Taro "Ein beeindruckendes Trainingsgelände habt Ihr hier, gefällt mir sehr gut. Alles da was man braucht, sehr schön."