Game not reflecting changes to Gui.rpy [Solved]

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
anosmicanimator

Game not reflecting changes to Gui.rpy [Solved]

#1 Post by anosmicanimator »

Hi there. For some reason, the changes I make to my gui.rpy file are not being reflected in the final game. (e.g. whatever number I change "define gui.text_size" to, the text size remains the same} I've checked and the gui.rpyc file seems to be compiling. I suspect it may have something to do with the "screens.rpy" file I have, but I'm not sure.

Thanks!
Last edited by anosmicanimator on Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Potato0095
Regular
Projects: LoveCraft
itch: potato95

Re: Game not reflecting changes to Gui.rpy

#2 Post by Potato0095 »

Are you reloading your game? You're sure your saving you gui.rpy? Press Shift + R.
"There are two types of lies: Lies that hurt, and lies that don't."

anosmicanimator

#3 Post by anosmicanimator »

Pretty darn sure. I'm saving the file and reloading the game.

Potato0095
Regular
Projects: LoveCraft
itch: potato95

#4 Post by Potato0095 »

Strange, I've never heard of something like this. Make another project and change the gui, see if it works there. Also, is your Ren'Py up to date?
"There are two types of lies: Lies that hurt, and lies that don't."

anosmicanimator

#5 Post by anosmicanimator »

All right, I figured it out. Turns out the "screens.rpy" file takes precedence over the "gui.rpy" file. I managed to track down the obscure little portion of my "screens.rpy" file which controls the dialogue text style and now I can make changes.

Thanks for all your help!