Changing color of choice menu text when it is not highlighted?

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
daeyeth

Changing color of choice menu text when it is not highlighted?

#1 Post by daeyeth »

How do you change the color of the text for the choice menu buttons when it is not highlighted? Not sure if I'm calling it correct term. I'm talking about the dialogue boxes that appear when giving the player multiple choice to do/say something ("You choose to drink water" or "You choose to a burger"). I tried everything in the GUI but I still couldn't find it!

Scribbles
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Pinewood Island, As We Know It
Projects: In Blood
Organization: Jaime Scribbles Games
Deviantart: breakfastdoodles
itch: scribbles

Re: Changing color of choice menu text when it is not highlighted?

#2 Post by Scribbles »

https://www.renpy.org/doc/html/gui.html#choice-menus

There is a way to change it in the code, that page has a lot of good information about customization. The code for it is in the screens.rpy (i think)
Image - Image -Image

daeyeth

Re: Changing color of choice menu text when it is not highlighted?

#3 Post by daeyeth »

Thank you! I had been looking in the colors section above fonts. It's in the gui in the choice buttons section.