Bg image not showing up plz help. edit: problem fixed

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
jonbai4207

Bg image not showing up plz help. edit: problem fixed

#1 Post by jonbai4207 »

Hello. First off I assume my problem is fairly simple but I'm having trouble figuring it out. It is my first game. The problem I'm having is that my Bg won't show up. It's just showing a grey bg. I can set my foreground character just fine and I'm just using a plain red bg for testing behind but I can't seem to get it to work. I have tried removing things from the gui folder but it just sends up errors. Can anyone explain this please or possibly link me some other thread that may show me how to do this. I have searched but have yet to find anything.
Last edited by jonbai4207 on Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

skyeworks
Regular
Projects: K9-11
itch: skyefrost

Re: Bg image not showing up plz help.

#2 Post by skyeworks »

What kind of bg? Like on a main menu or like bg during a scene? if it's it then it's supposed to be in the images folder not the gui folder. :D

jonbai4207

Re: Bg image not showing up plz help.

#3 Post by jonbai4207 »

Ah dang I feel dumb. Thank you. It was a bg in a scene. It wasn't placed in the gui folder but the game folder. Moving it to the image folder fixed the problem. Geez idk why I didn't realize that earlier lol thank you again.

skyeworks
Regular
Projects: K9-11
itch: skyefrost

Re: Bg image not showing up plz help. edit: problem fixed

#4 Post by skyeworks »

No problem, I had trouble with this before. :D Us noobs gotta help each other out!