Characters with multiple costumes

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
shiza
Regular

Characters with multiple costumes

#1 Post by shiza »

So I have characters in my game that have multiple costumes in it. Is there a way where I can have a character in a pose and layer clothes on top of the image instead of creating individual images of the same character in the same pose except wearing different clothes?

runeraccoon
Veteran
itch: runeraccoon

Re: Characters with multiple costumes

#2 Post by runeraccoon »

shiza
Regular

#3 Post by shiza »

runeraccoon wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:01 pm viewtopic.php?f=51&t=14559#p189323

Will this help?
that's a bit advance for the thing I'm trying to accomplish. I'm looking for a simple naked model and putting a costume on them that was made to fit the model's shape and pose. kind of like cell animation.

runeraccoon
Veteran
itch: runeraccoon

#4 Post by runeraccoon »

Mm, I'm in the same situation as you because I need to change outfits for two of my sprites in the game I'm currently developing, so I'm really interested in what will work for you.

How about ignoring dressup screen as it will be predetermined, and only use "base" and "outfit" as the parameters?

Scribbles
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Pinewood Island, As We Know It
Projects: In Blood
Organization: Jaime Scribbles Games
Deviantart: breakfastdoodles
itch: scribbles

#5 Post by Scribbles »

You're both looking for ConditionSwitchs/LiveComposite/Dynamic Displayable. There is a lot of info here on those things, and that code that runeraccoon has an example. Hope that helps :)

https://www.renpy.org/doc/html/displaya ... isplayable
Image - Image -Image