renpy.movie_cutscene with the DSE Framework

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Lopolio

renpy.movie_cutscene with the DSE Framework

#1 Post by Lopolio »

Hello,

Sorry if this question may be a bit stupid but I seem to have come to and end. I am a learning programmer myself and tried now the DSE Framework. I created something with normal Ren'py with videos which worked fine. After finding out about the DSE I changed and now my videos are just being skipped.

The videos are in webm format, they do have audio so there shouldn't be a problem.

The code is:

$renpy.movie_cutscene("images/pta1/pta1.webm", delay=None, loops=0, stop_music=True)

I tried it out and whatever I seem to do, there isn't an error message there isn't any delay or anything it just skips strayed away as if there was nothing

Could anyone help me

Please

Lopolio

Re: renpy.movie_cutscene with the DSE Framework

#2 Post by Lopolio »

Maybe to further out this I have tried now several other possibilities.

$renpy.movie_cutscene("images/pta1/pta2.webm", delay=None, loops=0, stop_music=True)
"..."
$renpy.movie_cutscene("images/pta1/pta1.avi", delay=None, loops=0, stop_music=True)
"..."
play movie "images/pta1/pta1.avi"

These are the lines of code I have tried out but none seems to work and it just skips it