How do you control the spaces between the dialogue text?

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
SaintxTail
Deviantart: SaintxTail

How do you control the spaces between the dialogue text?

#1 Post by SaintxTail »

Hi so I looked a lot of places and I'm really confused. With the new version of renpy I feel like some of the forum topics answering questions are outdated/confusing (the ones that say to use style.[whatever] in the option.rpy files.
However apparently most of the GUI things are in the gui.rpy file and instead of style.[wahetver] It's define.[wahetver]. So I am a bit confused.

Code: Select all

define gui.text_line_spacing = -10

That's what I attempted to use in my gui.rpy file. No errors it just doesn't do anything.

Thanks again :)

skyeworks
Regular
Projects: K9-11
itch: skyefrost

Re: How do you control the spaces between the dialogue text?

#2 Post by skyeworks »

whoa! it works for me when I tried it on a new project. Where did you put it? (Probably doesn't matter where you put it but in the small chance it does....
I put it here:
in the gui rpy:

Code: Select all

## The font used for out-of-game text.
define gui.interface_text_font = "DejaVuSans.ttf"

define gui.text_line_spacing = -10

## The size of normal dialogue text.
define gui.text_size = 22