ATL w LiveComposite animation buggy? (ypos not animating) * SOLVED *

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
LeonDaydreamer
Veteran
Projects: A Near Dawn, Put A Sock In It!, Ghosts Are Good Hosts

ATL w LiveComposite animation buggy? (ypos not animating) * SOLVED *

#1 Post by LeonDaydreamer »

Hey guys, I'm running into this issue:

I want the character image to slide in from a given point (0.671,0.131) to (0.518,0) when they appear on screen.
The character image is a LiveComposite with eyes and a mouth - this is the code I'm using (after some tinkering, it may not be the best way to write it).

Code: Select all

image Char normal:
    xanchor 0 yanchor 0 xpos 0.671 ypos 0.131 alpha 0
    LiveComposite((925, 1080),
    (0, 0), "char/char/char_01.png",
    (0.2845, 0.268), "Char eyes normal",
    (0.297, 0.324), "Char mouth normal),)
    ease_quad 0.92 xanchor 0 yanchor 0 pos (0.518, 0) alpha 1
The main problem is with the ease animation. The image appears at its designated starting point (0.671,0.131), but as soon as the ease_quad begins, it instantly jumps to (0.671,0) and animates from there, ignoring the ypos transition. :/

[ * edit - for another image that I try to animate into place, both xpos and ypos are ignored in the ease function, and it just fades in ]

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated...
Last edited by LeonDaydreamer on Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage

LeonDaydreamer
Veteran
Projects: A Near Dawn, Put A Sock In It!, Ghosts Are Good Hosts

Re: ATL w LiveComposite animation buggy? (ypos not animating) * SOLVED

#2 Post by LeonDaydreamer »

* SOLVED * :)

This may have been a newbie mistake - the coordinates should be "0.0" not "0" for the top or leftmost of the screen. The ease function seems to read the "0" as NULL and ignores it for animation.
ImageImageImageImage