Player Option Menu Background?

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
CellHG
Regular

Player Option Menu Background?

#1 Post by CellHG »

Just a quick question...how do I change the background for a players option?

Like say I did this:

Code: Select all

menu:
	"Options 1":
		s "hello"
	"Option 2":
		s "Goodbye"
How do I change the image behind the Option 1 & Option 2? I thought it was nvl.png but turns out it ain't :P

Scribbles
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Pinewood Island, As We Know It
Projects: In Blood
Organization: Jaime Scribbles Games
Deviantart: breakfastdoodles
itch: scribbles

Re: Player Option Menu Background?

#2 Post by Scribbles »

Are you wanting to have different choice buttons for each choice? or just how to style the choice options? are you running a NVL game? it's under gui/button/ and then "choice_hover_background" or idle, if that is what you meant! Sorry I'm bad at knowing what ppl mean a lot lol, but I hope that helps! :)
Image - Image -Image

CellHG
Regular

Re: Player Option Menu Background?

#3 Post by CellHG »

Scribbles wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:09 am Are you wanting to have different choice buttons for each choice? or just how to style the choice options? are you running a NVL game? it's under gui/button/ and then "choice_hover_background" or idle, if that is what you meant! Sorry I'm bad at knowing what ppl mean a lot lol, but I hope that helps! :)
Helped a lot, the choice_hover_background is what I was looking for, cheers =]