Character Stats Screen from Menu?

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
TheJoShow

Character Stats Screen from Menu?

#1 Post by TheJoShow »

The game that I'm working on tracks several variables based on player choices. These stats reflect the player's personality, skills, and affinity with love interests. I'd like for this stat menu to be accessible from the same screen as History/Save/Load/Etc. How do I add additional options to a menu, and how would I program it to show meters?

TheChatotMaestro
Regular
Deviantart: LedianWithACamera

Re: Character Stats Screen from Menu?

#2 Post by TheChatotMaestro »

I have no idea specifically how to do it, but I think I can point you in the right direction.
You probably want it to be its own screen, so make a screen for it, and in your Quick Menu (where all the save load skip menu buttons are at the bottom of your textbox, if I remember right) you should add another textbutton going to that screen.
As for meters, I'm not sure what you mean by that, but would something like viewtopic.php?f=51&t=22147 help? These are bars that fill up based on variables. If it's too complex, you could always just make something display the numbers of the stats instead of a meter.