[SOLVED]Making hp heal potions

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
leoxhurt
Regular

Re: Making hp heal potions

#16 Post by leoxhurt »

DannyGMaster wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:10 am Okay, you probably did not understand, sorry about that.

Just to be sure, I wanted you to take out only the $, not the entire lines. It would end up looking like this:

Code: Select all

name = item[0].name
desc = item[0].desc
value = item[0].value
qty = str(item[1])
hbox:
    if item[0].icon:
        icon = item[0].icon
        hover_icon = im.Sepia(icon) 
ok i got, removing the $ string he give me this error

Code: Select all

I'm sorry, but errors were detected in your script. Please correct the
errors listed below, and try again.

File "game/inventory.rpy", line 208: u'name' is not a keyword argument or valid child for the for statement.
    name = item[0].name
        ^

Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 6.99.12.4.2187

DannyGMaster
Regular

#17 Post by DannyGMaster »

I see, they are not the problem then, you can return the $ and the rest of the code as it was.

Sadly right now I have to leave so I hope someone else can help you, or that you can find a solution on your own, I suggest you read the documentation on Screens and Screen Language, I still have to write my own inventory code so maybe if all fails I'll share it so you can use it as an alternative, your code is great but there are some things I have to take time to figure out.
The silent voice within one's heart whispers the most profound wisdom.

leoxhurt
Regular

#18 Post by leoxhurt »

DannyGMaster wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:35 am I see, they are not the problem then, you can return the $ and the rest of the code as it was.

Sadly right now I have to leave so I hope someone else can help you, or that you can find a solution on your own, I suggest you read the documentation on Screens and Screen Language, I still have to write my own inventory code so maybe if all fails I'll share it so you can use it as an alternative, your code is great but there are some things I have to take time to figure out.
No problem, thanks for the help until now anyway ^^

leoxhurt
Regular

#19 Post by leoxhurt »

DannyGMaster wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:35 am I see, they are not the problem then, you can return the $ and the rest of the code as it was.

i'm a little newbie in renpy and python so i can't understand what is the problem but trying to search