I have a question...How do I make a button mashing mini game using screen language?

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
BurningTamashi

I have a question...How do I make a button mashing mini game using screen language?

#1 Post by BurningTamashi »

I am currently trying to make a mini game using the racing mini game .I want to know how to make mini game race go from top to bottom, instead of left to right.

Or if there is another way to make a button mashing mini game that transforms an image the more times to press the button? Or time will also transform the image and you have to keep pressing the button to retain its shape/position.

Alex
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: I have a question...How do I make a button mashing mini game using screen language?

#2 Post by Alex »

In this code sample there are variables for each car to store their positions on x-axis

Code: Select all

text (each_opponent["car"]) color (each_opponent["car_color"]) anchor (1.0, 0.0) pos (each_opponent["opp_car_pos"], 200-(len(opponents)-i)*5)

text "[car]" anchor (1.0, 0.0) pos (car_pos, 200)
and the positions on y-axis are static.
So just put variables to set the y-position for cars.