Changing the appearance of an already-selected choice

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
AERenoir
Veteran

Changing the appearance of an already-selected choice

#1 Post by AERenoir »

I'm looking for a way to make a previously-selected option look different. Preferably not just a different coloured text, but actually has a different-looking textbox (greyed out, or just look different). And also to revert it all back to normal when the player starts a new game.

I saw something about "menu_choice_chosen" in old threads, but I can't find documentation for how to use this. Do I have to change the code in Screen.rpy too?

xela
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: Changing the appearance of an already-selected choice

#2 Post by xela »

AERenoir wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:42 am Do I have to change the code in Screen.rpy too?
Yeap, quite possibly the best way to get it done!
Like what we're doing? Support us at:

philat
Eileen-Class Veteran

Re: Changing the appearance of an already-selected choice

#3 Post by philat »

I haven't tried this, but I see no reason it shouldn't work. viewtopic.php?p=121383#p121383