Game parsing code error

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Errilhl
Regular
Projects: HSS
Deviantart: studioerrilhl
Github: studioerrilhl

Re: Game parsing code error

#16 Post by Errilhl »

That's what I thought as well... but I just made releasese via Renpy (Build distributions) - and those contain the *.rpy-files. I thought it only contained the actual rpyc-files? Do I have to go through and modify the zip afterwards manually? That seems... counterproductive.
Currently working on: Image

Imperf3kt
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: Imperf3kt

#17 Post by Imperf3kt »

It depends if the game was archived, which so far, all the games I've played have been.
Warning: May contain trace amounts of gratuitous plot.
pro·gram·mer (noun) An organism capable of converting caffeine into code.

Current project: GGD Mentor

Twitter

Remix
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: None... yet (as I'm still looking for an artist)
Projects: An un-named anime based trainer game

#18 Post by Remix »

I guessed the game was distributed with non compiled parts as the OP ( Yoloxd2300 ) posted the contents of 00start.py which I had figured ( yup, without first checking ) would also be distributed compiled...
I see now that the /renpy/ folder contains .py non compiled files even in games that distribute only .rpa or .rpyc for content.

So saying, I do have quite a few games that have been distributed in non compiled, non archived fashion, so there is a slim chance his (her) one might have a script.py ...
Frameworks & Scriptlets:

Karl_C
Veteran

#19 Post by Karl_C »

Yoloxd2300 wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:33 am Its the script of a game i downloaded, I do not know about phytom lenguage. In the folder there are the scripts of the game, every single one.
Im sorry im taking your time :(
Least i can do is providing you the game
I guess the extraction process was interrupted for any reason, or the zip archive you try to extract is damaged.

Try to extract the zip archive again and if this doesn't help download it again.

Yoloxd2300

#20 Post by Yoloxd2300 »

Imperf3kt wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:52 am Okay that make a major difference.
This board is mostly about questions regarding creating games, rather than getting them to play.

That said though, I don't know of any rules against asking for help and I don't see how it'd hurt.

Now for the bad news: if you get that error while trying to play the game, it means there is an uncaught error in the build. Most of the time, there is nothing you can do.
At least, as far as I know. I may be wrong.

Your best course of action is to contact the developer (did they leave any contact info? Did you get the game from an 'official' source?)
We won't be able to help much with already compiled games, at least, not legally.

Mentioning the name of the game would help. Do not worry if it is an embarrasing title or similar - nobody here is critical of such things. You play what you want to, as long as it doesn't feature certain illegal things (such as CP), nobody here will care.

Ok, the game is nesh morgan slaveholder, as long as i know it doesnt have CP at all, Its like a teaching feeling i guess

Yoloxd2300

#21 Post by Yoloxd2300 »

Karl_C wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:30 am
Yoloxd2300 wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:33 am Its the script of a game i downloaded, I do not know about phytom lenguage. In the folder there are the scripts of the game, every single one.
Im sorry im taking your time :(
Least i can do is providing you the game
I guess the extraction process was interrupted for any reason, or the zip archive you try to extract is damaged.

Try to extract the zip archive again and if this doesn't help download it again.
Downloaded it 3 times so far

Yoloxd2300

#22 Post by Yoloxd2300 »

I will release the game folder, with the .exe, and all that stuff.

heres the link:
https://mega.nz/#F!i04SDZ4b!Y5WLhFUI9JOgdTHUmF7V2g

Dont worry im not a hacker or anithyng like that -_-

Imperf3kt
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: Imperf3kt

#23 Post by Imperf3kt »

I took a look at the game. It appears to be a Russian to English translation.

I have no idea how translation works and cannot make heads or tales of the script.rpy file
Sorry, I can't help further.

You'll find the script.rpy file in the "English" folder.
Warning: May contain trace amounts of gratuitous plot.
pro·gram·mer (noun) An organism capable of converting caffeine into code.

Current project: GGD Mentor

Twitter