Cant edit scripts

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
scribbloid

Cant edit scripts

#1 Post by scribbloid »

I am not able to edit scripts; I reinstalled renpy multiple times, but I am still not able to do it.
Why could this be?

Black Cat 2412
Regular
Projects: Rapunzel: A classic retold
Deviantart: BlackCat2412

Re: Cant edit scripts

#2 Post by Black Cat 2412 »

Can you be more specific? Did the text editor not work? Renpy won't open script for you? or what?

nananame
Regular

#3 Post by nananame »

Scripts are edited in your program of choice - you can even do it in windows notepad although I don't recommend that!

The RenPy launcher simply has a nice shortcut for you to launch the script editing program from there. Perhaps you didn't set it up correctly? Can't remember if there was anything to setup actually, but you can always open the script file directly in your program of choice (i.e. right click, open with...)

scribbloid

#4 Post by scribbloid »

Yeah I cannot edit scripts.
I want to use editra again.
But even reinstalling didnt help.
I also hate it that there are some Problems that destroy the program so I have to Abandon all my prohects and reinstall the program over and over again.