Instead of images renpy shows text!

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
UserX

Instead of images renpy shows text!

#1 Post by UserX »

I'm absolutely new on renpy. I've started my game with rpg maker but now I want to switch to renpy cause it's a visual novel and this should be the best engine for that.
I couldn't find an answer for my problem. I'm using Editra for the text codes and I'm doing exactly the same like it is shown everywhere but instead of the image I get just the text I've written as command!

https://i.imgur.com/wJsvv3I.png

I don't even got the second sprite in my images folder. What I'm doing wrong? Is there something to change in a script? And what about using Atom for text codes???
My images got an average size of 1,5 MB and I'm planning a visual novel with about 10k of such images!

UserX

Re: Instead of images renpy shows text!

#2 Post by UserX »

I've already solved it!