<<Solved>>Image not found error

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
sayadear
Completed: Love in Love, Computing School of the Heart, Anything but True and Honest
Projects: (untitled project)
IRC Nick: saya
itch: sophiamarie

<<Solved>>Image not found error

#1 Post by sayadear »

Hello! So, I've been trying to make a visual novel in 24 hours and I've just run into a few issues that I've never had before.

When I try to show a character sprite, for some reason certain expressions don't work. If I go a few lines further into the game, then the "happy" sprite for the character works, but some of the others ones don't. I'm not sure why this is a problem. They're all saved in the same location, same sizes, and I triple checked my spelling/typing to make sure everything was written the same way. It should work, but it just keeps telling me the image hasn't been found. I'm not sure how to fix this.

Thanks!
Attachments
gameHelp.png
Last edited by sayadear on Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Avatar commissioned by Ocean in Space

Divona
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: The Falconers: Moonlight
Organization: Bionic Penguin
itch: bionicpenguin

Re: Image not found error

#2 Post by Divona »

sayadear wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:17 pm When I try to show a character sprite, for some reason certain expressions don't work. If I go a few lines further into the game, then the "happy" sprite for the character works, but some of the others ones don't. I'm not sure why this is a problem. They're all saved in the same location, same sizes, and I triple checked my spelling/typing to make sure everything was written the same way. It should work, but it just keeps telling me the image hasn't been found. I'm not sure how to fix this.
Try add file extension. For example:

Code: Select all

image aConB = "adam_concernB.png"
Completed:

sayadear
Completed: Love in Love, Computing School of the Heart, Anything but True and Honest
Projects: (untitled project)
IRC Nick: saya
itch: sophiamarie

Re: Image not found error

#3 Post by sayadear »

Thank you, you're a lifesaver! I guess I should just add .png as a default from now on!
Avatar commissioned by Ocean in Space