Main menu music won't stop when a game save is loaded. (SOLVED!)

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Ibitz
Regular
Projects: Magical Disarray (WIP)
Organization: Ibitz Visual Novels
Deviantart: http://ibitz.deviant
itch: ibitz

Main menu music won't stop when a game save is loaded. (SOLVED!)

#1 Post by Ibitz »

I've seen others ask the question about the music from the Main Menu not stopping and everyone says to do this :

Code: Select all

label start:
  stop music
So, I did that and, if playing the game straight through, it works. If playing, saving, then quitting, then starting up the save- the music lingers and continues on in the game, even if there are other songs being played. So, what's going on?
Last edited by Ibitz on Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ibitz is a self-taught coder/artist who works alone on their games. All games I create are freeware. If you need any help with coding or creating your game, just let me know. I'd be more than happy to help.

mitoky
Veteran
Projects: The Purring Demon's Love, circus eterie

Re: Main menu music won't stop when a game save is loaded. (And, yes, I put stop music after Start)

#2 Post by mitoky »

Is the saving stat you are loading perhaps from before you were changing the code? (before you added "stop music") ?

Imperf3kt
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: Imperf3kt

Re: Main menu music won't stop when a game save is loaded. (And, yes, I put stop music after Start)

#3 Post by Imperf3kt »

You need to delete persistent.
Warning: May contain trace amounts of gratuitous plot.
pro·gram·mer (noun) An organism capable of converting caffeine into code.

Current project: GGD Mentor

Twitter

Ibitz
Regular
Projects: Magical Disarray (WIP)
Organization: Ibitz Visual Novels
Deviantart: http://ibitz.deviant
itch: ibitz

#4 Post by Ibitz »

Not sure if Pytom notices anything like this, but apparently the problem stopped when my friend did a Windows 10 security system update. Now the music is no longer showing up in people's saves. Everything seems to be working, now. Thank you both for your help!

Ibitz is a self-taught coder/artist who works alone on their games. All games I create are freeware. If you need any help with coding or creating your game, just let me know. I'd be more than happy to help.