Best way to make a Blooper/Sound Room

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Geckos
Veteran
Completed: Brilliant Shadows, Perceptions of the Dead, The Phantom Icecream Truck
Projects: Embers of Magic, Pale Spectrum, Perceptions of the Dead
Organization: Ithaqua Labs
Tumblr: geckosart
Deviantart: sitaart

Best way to make a Blooper/Sound Room

#1 Post by Geckos »

So I've got the code for a Music room working based on this page:
https://www.renpy.org/doc/html/rooms.html#music-room

I've been trying to turn it into a place where you can listen to voice clip bloopers. Click textbutton, plays voice clip once.

But I haven't had any luck figuring out how to edit the parameters of the 'music'. It loops and has to be based from the 'music' folder and end in .ogg.

I saw this:

Code: Select all

class MusicRoom(channel=u'music', fadeout=0.0, fadein=0.0, loop=True, single_track=False, shuffle=False, stop_action=None)
But I'm not sure how to properly implement it into my code, or what exactly it does since I haven't been able to test it.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Image ImageImage