Menu choices jumping to wrong label

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
harajukulolita
Regular
Completed: None so far!
Projects: Currently working on... Starlight Wishes
Tumblr: loli-studio
Deviantart: harajukulolita

Menu choices jumping to wrong label

#1 Post by harajukulolita »

Okay guys so I have this issue. I have four menu choices and they all jump to a certain label eg:

menu:
"Help the Drama Club":
jump theatre

And so obviously it jumps to the expected scene. Three of the choices work but one just jumps to a completely unrelated situation even though it has it's own label for eg if I wanted to jump to the theatre label it goes the garden label. I'm not too sure how to fix this, any help would be appreciated.

Running renpy v 6.18.3

Errilhl
Regular
Projects: HSS
Deviantart: studioerrilhl
Github: studioerrilhl

Re: Menu choices jumping to wrong label

#2 Post by Errilhl »

First, you should probably upgrade Renpy. This has nothing to do with the problem, though.
Could you show the actual code? Both for the menu, and for the specific labels (preferably how it is in the actual file, including where they're located and so on? Doesn't really matter if it's a long file (you can of course cut out non-relevant parts), but if it's not entirely obvious, line-numbers is good info to give as well.
Currently working on: Image

harajukulolita
Regular
Completed: None so far!
Projects: Currently working on... Starlight Wishes
Tumblr: loli-studio
Deviantart: harajukulolita

Re: Menu choices jumping to wrong label

#3 Post by harajukulolita »

Errilhl wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:58 am First, you should probably upgrade Renpy. This has nothing to do with the problem, though.
Could you show the actual code? Both for the menu, and for the specific labels (preferably how it is in the actual file, including where they're located and so on? Doesn't really matter if it's a long file (you can of course cut out non-relevant parts), but if it's not entirely obvious, line-numbers is good info to give as well.
Lol yes I know I should probably upgrade. I haven't worked on this game in years I think so I'm just now picking it up again, I'll upgrade soon though.

Thankfully I solved the issue, I copied the entire folder, deleted any saved data, tmp files and so on but saved the gui and pictures and had to complete remake .rpy files with the dialogue so copy and paste from the old files.

As I said, the original game folder is really old so I think there were probably some hidden errors somewhere. But thanks for the reply, everything is working just fine now.