Hide Navigation Buttons While Main Screen Animation Plays[Solved]

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Farryn
Regular
Projects: Diplomatic Relations
IRC Nick: Farryn
Tumblr: princessdealtry

Hide Navigation Buttons While Main Screen Animation Plays[Solved]

#1 Post by Farryn »

Apologies if this is answered somewhere but I can't find a way to hide the buttons on the navigation screen until after the main screen has finished its transforms.

I tried creating a flag and setting it to false in init and then flipping it to true once the transforms are done, but the navigation screen doesn't reload so the buttons never refresh. I've also tried putting the buttons directly on the main screen, but that also causes them to either appear right away or not at all depending on where I order them

Any thoughts on how to do this? It's just a delay of ~10 when the game first loads.

For more clarification, I'm using hidden buttons to highlight specific text on the main menu background. While the background is loading in(playing the animation), if the user puts the mouse over the buttons they can click/highlight them.
Last edited by Farryn on Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Farryn
Regular
Projects: Diplomatic Relations
IRC Nick: Farryn
Tumblr: princessdealtry

Re: Hide Navigation Buttons While Main Screen Animation Plays[Solves]

#2 Post by Farryn »

I solved this by looking at mitoky's tutorial for making splashscreens here: viewtopic.php?f=51&t=46121