hyperlink style not obeying "size"

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
ISAWHIM
Veteran

hyperlink style not obeying "size"

#1 Post by ISAWHIM »

I am trying to adjust the hyperlink styles, and found that there isn't actually any code-area...

It gives it an identification "hyperlink", but that word is not in any of the default project files. Thus, it is referring to "nothing", essentially.

I found styles for it, and how to set them... But... It isn't obeying my "size" value, when set. Apparently, it is inheriting size from some other unnamed location, and it can not be overridden. (Seems hard-coded somewhere.)

I put this in the screens.rpy, because that is the only location I found "hyperlink" mentioned. I commented-out the line that I thought was causing the issue, and it was causing AN issue, just not the size one. (The issue it caused was that "color" was being ignored when set here.)

Code: Select all

style hyperlink_text:
    size 9
    #properties gui.text_properties("hyperlink", accent=True)
    hover_underline True
    underline True
    hover_bold False
    color "#0000FF"
    hover_color "#FF0000"
At the moment, it is only "size", which is not being obeyed. So any link I make, is a HUGE font, compared to actual text-size where it resides.