[solved] ValueError: No JSON object could be decoded (nightly build android)

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
ComputerArt.Club
Veteran
Completed: Famous Fables, BoPoMoFo: Learn Chinese, Santa's workshop, Cat's Bath, Computer Art Club

[solved] ValueError: No JSON object could be decoded (nightly build android)

#1 Post by ComputerArt.Club »

PyTom recently fixed an issue that was causing a black screen with Android distributions when switching apps (see this thread for more: viewtopic.php?p=470967#p470967). The updated version is a nightly build. Unfortunately, when I try to use the nightlybuilds ( I tried two, December 1st and Yesterday's) to build an android version of my new game, I get the following error while trying to download RAPT:
ValueError: No JSON object could be decoded.

Similarly, if I copy the RAPT folder from another version of Renpy, it does not detect it and it asks me to download RAPT, thus receiving the same error message.

My new game is Christmas themed, so I would like to release it before this weekend. I would prefer to release it without the black screen bug, though I would obviously need to test the nightly build to make sure it is free from other issues (as the page strongly recommends against building distributions with nightly builds).

Any ideas?

Thanks for your time!
Last edited by ComputerArt.Club on Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

DragoonHP
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Christmas
IRC Nick: DragoonHP

Re: ValueError: No JSON object could be decoded (nightly build android)

#2 Post by DragoonHP »

Download RAPT from the website and place it in the renpy base folder to see if it can work like that? > https://nightly.renpy.org/current/renpy ... 4-rapt.zip <

ComputerArt.Club
Veteran
Completed: Famous Fables, BoPoMoFo: Learn Chinese, Santa's workshop, Cat's Bath, Computer Art Club

Re: ValueError: No JSON object could be decoded (nightly build android)

#3 Post by ComputerArt.Club »

DragoonHP wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:41 pm Download RAPT from the website and place it in the renpy base folder to see if it can work like that? > https://nightly.renpy.org/current/renpy ... 4-rapt.zip <
Thanks! It didn't work with Saturday's build, but it worked with Wednesday's.

The Android build seems free from the bug that is on the current stable version of Android. Now I need to decide if I want to submit the build created by the nightly build (which could contain other "bugs or APIs that will not remain supported").