Renpy Lesson (payed)

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
sculpteur
Veteran
Completed: Apocalypse Lovers
Projects: Apocalypse Lovers
Organization: Awake_Production
Discord: https://discord.gg/apocalypse-lovers

Renpy Lesson (payed)

#1 Post by sculpteur »

Hi,

I've posted some new topic around the forum to get help about renpy coding and python.

However sometimes it's a little bit to difficult to progresse that way.

So Iam looking for paid private lessons.

I've already began to take some with a teacher but he only knows Python, not Renpy.

I'am living in Paris. Idealy, iam looking for a french teacher but i think it might be a little to specific ^^
I didn't find anything on the internet.

So if anyone know a way to get in touch with a Renpy Expert for private lesson in my country or even maybe online (skype, etc) it will be great.

“He asked me to calm down, close my eyes and be quiet. He explained to me that if I was afraid, the shadow that ran barefoot in the street would feel it. I got scared seeing Jumanji on TV, so let me tell you, we didn't stay hidden for long and had to start running again.”
Jessica's Diary.

Imperf3kt
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: Imperf3kt

Re: Renpy Lesson (paid)

#2 Post by Imperf3kt »

While not the same, the Ren'Py Patreon has several tutorials and in-depth teachings regarding Ren'Py.
As an added bonus, any money spent goes toward furthering Ren'Py
Warning: May contain trace amounts of gratuitous plot.
pro·gram·mer (noun) An organism capable of converting caffeine into code.

Current project: GGD Mentor

Twitter

sculpteur
Veteran

Re: Renpy Lesson (payed)

#3 Post by sculpteur »

I've already check this but I don't understand what the ren'py Patreon give acces to which will help me more than the official free documentation.

And the thing is, I don't really like the way the new ren'py documentation is writen.

I find there is not enought code example and it seem writen for people who already are really familliar with Pyton.

So that's why I am looking for a person who can help me directly to solve specific problems I encounter.

“He asked me to calm down, close my eyes and be quiet. He explained to me that if I was afraid, the shadow that ran barefoot in the street would feel it. I got scared seeing Jumanji on TV, so let me tell you, we didn't stay hidden for long and had to start running again.”
Jessica's Diary.

Imperf3kt
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: Imperf3kt

#4 Post by Imperf3kt »

If you are at liberty to share certain things from your game, there are many helpful people here who would willingly help you for free.
Whether its something you don't understand or an error you're getting or even asking if/how you could/should turn x idea into reality and place it in your game.

It's worth keeping in mind.
Warning: May contain trace amounts of gratuitous plot.
pro·gram·mer (noun) An organism capable of converting caffeine into code.

Current project: GGD Mentor

Twitter

sculpteur
Veteran

#5 Post by sculpteur »

All right, i'll keep that in mind. Thanks

Jessica's Diary.

Apa
Regular

#6 Post by Apa »

sculpteur wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:42 pm I've already began to take some with a teacher but he only knows Python, not Renpy.
IMO, to code in RenPy, you don't need any advanced Python knowledge, very basic will do just fine.
Plus there are lots of free books to help you get started with Python. :idea:

sculpteur
Veteran

#7 Post by sculpteur »

to code in RenPy, you don't need any advanced Python knowledge
Saddly I do. I'am currently working on an inventory system with the drag fonction and I can assure you I need to handle python to do it the way i want.

But you're right, I took several hours of Python lesson before I realized there was great video tutorial on youtube ^^

Jessica's Diary.

Apa
Regular

#8 Post by Apa »

sculpteur wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:09 am
to code in RenPy, you don't need any advanced Python knowledge
Saddly I do. I'am currently working on an inventory system with the drag fonction and I can assure you I need to handle python to do it the way i want.
Make sure first, you are not reinventing the wheel.
Ask in this forum if somebody can share inventory system “template” or something you can build on.
And if you are ready to pay for RenPy lessons still, somebody can help you to tune it the way you want.
This way you can learn the best way possible - by working side-by-side with experienced RenPy developer.

sculpteur wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:09 amBut you're right, I took several hours of Python lesson before I realized there was great video tutorial on youtube ^^
Yep! :)