How to find out how many words and lines in scenario on RenPy game?

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Veshurik
Deviantart: Veshurik

How to find out how many words and lines in scenario on RenPy game?

#1 Post by Veshurik »

Hello! I need your help, guys. I want to find out how many words in scenario of any RenPy game. And how many lines of text (dialogue blocks) it has.

Here is the full script and separate folder of script for translation - https://cloud.mail.ru/public/EFFQ/8oh1rhqZo (original script in Chinese, unfortunately). Can you help me with that? Because, when I try to "extract the dialogue", it extract as a empty file.

The problem is that RenPy want to extract the lines from script.rpy, when usually there are not even such name of file in game. Usually they are other script names (like 01.rpy etc). I tried to collect all script files onto one and just rename that file into script.rpy, but it doesn't help - still extract dialogue.txt with 0Kb. That's bad.

Maybe, there are other ways to find out how to find the size of scenario text, number of lines etc.?

Thank you very much!