How To Change menu: Button Locations

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Nero
Veteran

How To Change menu: Button Locations

#1 Post by Nero »

I was wondering is there a way for menu: buttons can be edited for example this is the classic screen when menu: is called

Now I would like to edit these buttons for this menu: choice only to get something like this for example. Is this possible to do? I haven't found anything related to this which is surprising of how useful this could be.
Note that I do not want Main Menu buttons to be edited I'm looking for menu: choices to be edited if there is a way to do it could anyone give me an example of it? And if it is possible what is the simplest way to do it because I intend to use this feature a lot.

Code: Select all

label start:

"Open Menu!"
    menu:
            "One":
                "Do something..."
            "Two":
                "Do something..."
            "Three":
                "Do something..."