Main Menu Music / auto-off?

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
HoAbGa

Main Menu Music / auto-off?

#1 Post by HoAbGa »

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me where I have to write a play music funktion, to play a music in loop in the mainmenu?
And in addition, how can I turn off the music, when I leave the mainmenu (start or load a game). I dont want to make a stop funktion in every single label.

Thanks for help :)

Donmai
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Toire No Hanako, Li'l Red [NaNoRenO 2013], The One in LOVE [NaNoRenO 2014], Running Blade [NaNoRenO 2016], The Other Question, To The Girl With Sunflowers
Projects: Slumberland

Re: Main Menu Music / auto-off?

#2 Post by Donmai »

HoAbGa wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:10 am where I have to write a play music funktion, to play a music in loop in the mainmenu?
As far as I know you don't need to. Just go to the ## Sounds and music ## section of options.rpy and find the line that reads

Code: Select all

# define config.main_menu_music = "main-menu-theme.ogg"
Remove the comment mark and put the name of your song there

define config.main_menu_music = "the name of your song here.ogg"
HoAbGa wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:10 am And in addition, how can I turn off the music, when I leave the mainmenu (start or load a game).
you can do

label start:

stop music
or

label start:

stop music fadeout 1.0
https://www.renpy.org/doc/html/audio.html#audio
No, sorry! You must be mistaking me for someone else.
TOIRE NO HANAKO (A Story About Fear)

HoAbGa

#3 Post by HoAbGa »

Hi, thank you :)

But I dont want to use this "stop music" funktion in the first label. If I work with savegames, I habe to use it in every single label to stop the music!? That is not good, because I have to much labels.
Is there a easy way to stop the music in the gamemenue if I leave the menue?

Donmai
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Toire No Hanako, Li'l Red [NaNoRenO 2013], The One in LOVE [NaNoRenO 2014], Running Blade [NaNoRenO 2016], The Other Question, To The Girl With Sunflowers
Projects: Slumberland

#4 Post by Donmai »

HoAbGa wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:39 am If I work with savegames, I habe to use it in every single label to stop the music!?
No.
No, sorry! You must be mistaking me for someone else.
TOIRE NO HANAKO (A Story About Fear)

HoAbGa

#5 Post by HoAbGa »

Donmai wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:45 am
HoAbGa wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:39 am If I work with savegames, I habe to use it in every single label to stop the music!?
No.
Thank you :) It works pretty fine :)