Weird Transition for Movie in Gallery

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Windchimes
Veteran
Projects: Reanimation Scheme, Emberfate: Tempest of Elements
Organization: Wind Chimes Games

Weird Transition for Movie in Gallery

#1 Post by Windchimes »

Hey everyone!

So I've been using movie files for animated CGs in my game, and they work fine being shown and in gallery and all that. Except there's one weird thing. After viewing the movie in gallery, when I click to go back to the gallery, there's this weird black flashing transition for one second before the gallery screen shows again. But the next time I view the movie again, this doesn't happen, and the transition is back to smooth dissolving.

Here's a quick gif to show what I mean: https://i.gyazo.com/cec25c5f25d9f64615a ... dc3f53.mp4
[In the first three seconds, you can see the problem: after viewing the CG, there's this weird black flashing transition while going back to gallery. In the next 4 seconds, that's how I expect it to go: viewing the CG and then a smooth dissolve transition back to gallery.]

I'm not using any fancy complicated codes or anything. It's just:

Code: Select all

image august_intro_cg_1 = Movie(play='CG/August/august_intro_cg_1.webm')

Code: Select all

init python:
    gal = Gallery()
    gal.transition = dissolve

gal.button("august_intro_cg")
    gal.unlock_image("august_intro_cg_1")

add gal.make_button("august_intro_cg", "CG/August/august_intro_cg_thumb.jpg"), None, xpos = 603, ypos = 348)
If anyone knows what the problem is or how to fix it, please let me know! I'd really really appreciate any help.

Thank you in advance!