Animated Choice/Roulette Wheel in Ren'Py?

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Qtheman3456

Animated Choice/Roulette Wheel in Ren'Py?

#1 Post by Qtheman3456 »

Well, uh, hey there. First post, I guess!

A friend of mine is playing around with Ren'Py and asked about adding a choice/roulette/"wheel of fortune" type of thing, like this one. I've been looking into it for him, since I've had some luck with finding my way around Ren'Py and Python before, but I can't figure out how to do something like this. I know I can use ATL to make the wheel animate, and I've done so already, but I can't figure out how to get it to animate like... well, an actual roulette wheel.

I figured it'd be best implemented on the Python level, as opposed to via the Ren'Py script itself, but I have even less idea on where to start there. If anyone could give me some pointers, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!
:)

EDIT: Ah, never mind! I've managed to figure out a way to get it working. Not quite how I envisioned it at first, but it's good. Oh well~