As an important note, the first time you open a game in 6.99.14, it will open much slower as Ren'Py compiles all the Python expressions it encounters. The game will open faster the second and later times it is run, and will run faster once it is open.
Some of the improvements are:
- The performance of Ren'Py has been improved in multiple ways, and the apparent responsiveness has been improved even more.
- A new multiple character dialogue system makes it possible for multiple characters to display dialogue on the screen at once.
- A new GUI preference system works with the new GUI to make it easier to create preferences that customize the look of the Ren'Py GUI.
- A new tooltip system makes it easier to write tooltips.
- Ren'Py now supports TLS on multiple platforms, making it possible to use HTTPS to connect to servers to transfer game data.
Downloads of 6.99.14 can be found at:
A full list of changes to Ren'Py can be found at:
A list of changes that may require you to update your game can be found at:
Please also check out the credits and sponsor list.