The bottom of my text keeps getting cut off.

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Dacuna

The bottom of my text keeps getting cut off.

#1 Post by Dacuna »

I have the exact same problem as this guy: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11972
The bottom of my font is cut off, until the entire text loads, in which case it corrects itself so longer letters like j and p show entirely.
I'm using Arial, which is a pretty common font so I'm not sure why I would be seeing it. Is there a fix somewhere that I missed?
Thanks!

Aoi14
Projects: GuardianS X

Re: The bottom of my text keeps getting cut off.

#2 Post by Aoi14 »

Some fonts have some strange settings, like positive descenders(PyTom explained this in the post you linked above :D ). The easiest fix I can think of is to try and use a different font without this setting- however, since you're using Arial, which is quite common, I can't exactly see why this is happening :?

Try changing some of the style settings, like line_spacing etc. This should get you somewhere hopefully. Here's the link from Documentation: https://www.renpy.org/doc/html/style_pr ... ne_spacing

Let me know how you get on :D
Working on VNs. As usual :P

Dacuna

#3 Post by Dacuna »

For some reason, the problem seems to have been fixed, although I'm not sure why. Maybe it happened when I added an outline to the text or something...
If it shows up again, though, line_spacing should help! :D
The only issue is, I've tried to use it, and so far I have:

Code: Select all

style test:
    line_spacing 100
But it doesn't change anything. Am I doing something wrong? (I'm still very new to Ren'Py.)

Aoi14
Projects: GuardianS X

#4 Post by Aoi14 »

I'm pretty stumped now :?
Maybe try using a similar font to Arial, from Google Fonts, or redownload the Ren'Py SDK if it still doesn't work. Try Open Sans- works ok for me!
https://fonts.google.com/specimen/Open+ ... =Open+Sans

Sorry if this is trouble; I hope you figure out the issue somehow :)
Working on VNs. As usual :P