Fixing Slider Thumb's Space To Move

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
ShadowBoxGames
Tumblr: dozenroses.tumblr.com

Fixing Slider Thumb's Space To Move

#1 Post by ShadowBoxGames »

So my question here is can I fix how far the slider thumb goes along the bar?
The reason is my bar has decorations on both ends, and I don't want the slider to go past those decorations. Is there a way to code that?
bar_empty.png
bar_empty.png (19.56 KiB) Viewed 393 times
When I fix the xmaximum it chops off the decorations off my bar, so that's not what I want. What I want is the slider to start at a certain point on the bar and end a certain point on the bar. Is this possible? I tried looking in the documentation and other forum posts but couldn't find something (although if I missed something a link would help too!!)

Thank you to anyone who can help!

Empish
Veteran
Projects: Efemural Hearts, It Ends With Graduation
itch: empish

Re: Fixing Slider Thumb's Space To Move

#2 Post by Empish »

Try using left_gutter and right_gutter. You can see it working in action in my tutorial video for bars here.

Also, if you want to limit the size of your bar and don't want it to crop the decorations, try bar_resizing True.

ShadowBoxGames
Tumblr: dozenroses.tumblr.com

Re: Fixing Slider Thumb's Space To Move

#3 Post by ShadowBoxGames »

Empish wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:00 pm Try using left_gutter and right_gutter. You can see it working in action in my tutorial video for bars here.

Also, if you want to limit the size of your bar and don't want it to crop the decorations, try bar_resizing True.
This is perfect, worked exactly as I wanted, thank you so much! :D
(I cant believe i missed that in the documentation, my goodness :roll:)