[SOLVED]Uncaught exception occured (000atl defined twice) HELP PLS!

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
rebellare
Regular

[SOLVED]Uncaught exception occured (000atl defined twice) HELP PLS!

#1 Post by rebellare »

I've been browsing for a solution for over an hour and nothing. Can someone please just say what is happening here. Everything I tried just resulted the same way.
Heres the rundown:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
ScriptError: Name (u'/home/tom/ab/renpy/renpy/common/000atl.rpy', 1480466919, 25) is defined twice, at renpy/common/000atl.rpy:25 and renpy/common/000atl.rpy:25.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "D:\RENPY Deploy\My_Sister_Mia_RENPY-Early_Access_v0.1-dists\My_Sister_Mia_RENPY-Early_Access_v0.1-win\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 295, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "D:\RENPY Deploy\My_Sister_Mia_RENPY-Early_Access_v0.1-dists\My_Sister_Mia_RENPY-Early_Access_v0.1-win\renpy\main.py", line 364, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "D:\RENPY Deploy\My_Sister_Mia_RENPY-Early_Access_v0.1-dists\My_Sister_Mia_RENPY-Early_Access_v0.1-win\renpy\script.py", line 265, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", ".rpy", dir, fn, initcode)
File "D:\RENPY Deploy\My_Sister_Mia_RENPY-Early_Access_v0.1-dists\My_Sister_Mia_RENPY-Early_Access_v0.1-win\renpy\script.py", line 753, in load_appropriate_file
self.finish_load(stmts, initcode, filename=fn + source)
File "D:\RENPY Deploy\My_Sister_Mia_RENPY-Early_Access_v0.1-dists\My_Sister_Mia_RENPY-Early_Access_v0.1-win\renpy\script.py", line 419, in finish_load
bad_node.filename, bad_node.linenumber))
ScriptError: Name (u'/home/tom/ab/renpy/renpy/common/000atl.rpy', 1480466919, 25) is defined twice, at renpy/common/000atl.rpy:25 and renpy/common/000atl.rpy:25.
Last edited by rebellare on Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

nature1996
Regular

Re: Uncaught exception occured (000atl defined twice) HELP PLS!

#2 Post by nature1996 »

I have a question: why are all your file in python, and not in ren'py (in .py rather than in .rpy for your script and .rpyc for the compiled executable)?

If this is not voluntary, then it could explain why ren'py doesn't know what to do with the function in the file, especially if you used ren'py function, which doesn't work in python.
Je parle aussi français

Remix
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: None... yet (as I'm still looking for an artist)
Projects: An un-named anime based trainer game

Re: Uncaught exception occured (000atl defined twice) HELP PLS!

#3 Post by Remix »

nature1996 wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:49 am I have a question: why are all your file in python, and not in ren'py (in .py rather than in .rpy for your script and .rpyc for the compiled executable)?

If this is not voluntary, then it could explain why ren'py doesn't know what to do with the function in the file, especially if you used ren'py function, which doesn't work in python.
Different script file... the one his error references is the python file in the ren'py source.

As to the error, it might be similar to the Exception has occurred in 00start.rpy one which was resolved by deleting any compiled files ( the .rpyc and .pyc ) before the build.
Failing that, perhaps check that you have not redefined _warper or _warpers anywhere in the script
Frameworks & Scriptlets:

Blu3Be4ry
itch: Blu3Be4ry

Re: [SOLVED]Uncaught exception occured (000atl defined twice) HELP PLS!

#4 Post by Blu3Be4ry »

This might help some, if you recently downloaded your game off of like itch because you lost all your work and this happens, see if there is a tl folder in the game folder, if there is then delete it, it's an easy fix but hard to spot