This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
As I mentioned in my first post, I'm using background images for all bgs and sprites, and I'm using sprite images for speech bubbles and exposition text. This means that with the right naming convention I should be able to have a single function display whole segments of the story.
So what I want to do is something like this:
While screencount > 0
image scenebg = "ch1" + screendisplay + ".png"
if loadable ("ch1" + screendisplay + "x1.png")
image expo1 = "ch1" + screendisplay + "x1.png"
if loadable ("ch1" + screendisplay + "t1.png")
image text1 = "ch1" + screendisplay + "t1.png"
if loadable ("ch1" + screendisplay + "t2.png")
image text2 = "ch1" + screendisplay + "t2.png"
screendisplay += 1
Ok, so this snippet likely isn't accurate, but it's a high level description of what I'm trying to achieve. If I can loop this for each chapter, I'll be set because choices are only going to happen at the end of each chapter.
Any help is greatly appreciated!
- Eileen-Class Veteran
- Posts: 1017
- Joined: Tue May 30, 2017 6:10 am
- Completed: None... yet (as I'm still looking for an artist)
- Projects: An un-named anime based trainer game
default variable_name = "_variable_part"
image some_name = DynamicImage( "prefix[variable_name].png" )
- Finish Improved Event Handler
- Implement DragonBones animation as a Creator Defined Container
- Finish Catmull-Rom Spline pathing
- Finish Bitmask collision and rebound vector system
- Develop time based building mechanic
- *Find a superb artist and actually write a game*
Users browsing this forum: No registered users