This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
- Posts: 13
- Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:10 pm
- Projects: Life is Strange: All Wounds
- Tumblr: destiny-smasher.tumblr.com
Now that the story -- or should I say, the draft script -- is finished, I'm wanting to adapt it to visual novel format.
Since it's written in prose form currently, I'm wondering if there are any efficient ways to go about this to help save time. So far, I've just been individually formatting every single line of prose and coding it to fit the format of Renpy, but I figure there must be some shortcuts I've just not thought about. I tried to run a search on the forums here but I can't seem to find anything (then again, the website seems to break when I try to run a search, so).
Even just being able to add a " at the start and end of every line that doesn't already have them could be very useful.
Any guidance is greatly appreciated!
- Eileen-Class Veteran
- Posts: 1017
- Joined: Tue May 30, 2017 6:10 am
- Completed: None... yet (as I'm still looking for an artist)
- Projects: An un-named anime based trainer game
You could actually set the standard lexer to ignore quotations by the way, which would allow:
char_name this is a sentence spoken by Alice's friend "Eileen" which would display fine
interpreted the same as the normal:
char_name "this is a sentence spoken by Alice's friend \"Eileen\" which would display fine"
No idea if that helps though
- Finish Improved Event Handler
- Implement DragonBones animation as a Creator Defined Container
- Finish Catmull-Rom Spline pathing
- Finish Bitmask collision and rebound vector system
- Develop time based building mechanic
- *Find a superb artist and actually write a game*
Users browsing this forum: No registered users