Quick Menu not working as it's supposed to on Extras

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
niannn
Regular
Completed: Keynote, Die.Alone?, The Villaintine
Projects: The Villaintine: Sepia
Tumblr: niaaannn
itch: niannn

Quick Menu not working as it's supposed to on Extras

#1 Post by niannn »

Hello guys!

I ran into a roadblock and badly needed help. So, here's the situation, I have an Extras, accessible in the Main Menu, which is unlockable and all that.

PAST PROBLEM: when I go to Extras, the quick menu disappears.

NEW PROBLEMS:
So, while patiently waiting for an answer, I lurked around once again, searching for answers... I found one but it still presented roadblocks that I already feel like crying.

Here's some screenshots:
Hooray, it appears... but the only buttons that work are the History, Auto, and Prefs.

Also, if I click any of the working buttons, this is what happens.

SO NOTES:
I have no idea how to fix this once again and I did try to look in the documentation but it's just too advanced for me at the moment. Also, like last time, I feel that my problem might be really simple and I just don't get how to solve it on my own so uhh...

Just to note my experience, I'm an absolute rookie when it comes to Python and Screen Language. So, any advanced stuff would completely evade me and I would need a more detailed instruction or actual code help (I'm terribly sorry). I appreciate your help and I'm sorry if I might keep asking if I don't get it the firsthand. I also want to thank you in advance for your patience.

Other Notes:
- I'm using Renpy 6.99.14 (alright, i updated it but problem persists.)
- The quick menu is not customized, I just really want it to work normally on the extras screen so yeah...

Here's some code to show what I've done so far (and the efforts of all the lurking around the forum that I did):

extras.rpy

Code: Select all

screen extra:
    tag menu
    add "images/placeholder.png"

use quick_menu

label extras:
    show screen extra with fade
    "Extras here."

$ renpy.full_restart()
script.rpy

label start:
    "You got ending 1."
    $ persistent.end1 = True
    "Yay"
    return

screen.rpy

textbutton _("Extras") action [ Jump("extras"), SensitiveIf(persistent.end1 and persistent.end2)]
And if you need to try it on your launcher, here is the game folder:
Attachments
game.zip
(617.95 KiB) Downloaded 21 times