I changed the texbox, now the text is not aligned?

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
nanashine
Regular
itch: renpytom

I changed the texbox, now the text is not aligned?

#1 Post by nanashine »

I made my own texbox to use in my game, but now the character name and text are not aligned.
How can I move them (the text/dialogue and characters name) just a little bit up to look alright with the textbox?
The options "skip", "save", etc need to go a little up too.
I can't access my other account cause I don't remember the e-mail I used *cries in emoji*.

ComputerArt.Club
Veteran
Completed: Famous Fables, BoPoMoFo: Learn Chinese, Santa's workshop, Cat's Bath, Computer Art Club

Re: I changed the texbox, now the text is not aligned?

#2 Post by ComputerArt.Club »

Try gui.rpy, dialogue probably starts at around line 95.
For me line 100 is
## The height of the textbox containing dialogue.
define gui.textbox_height = 278

Line 111 is:
## The placement of the speaking character's name, relative to the textbox.
## These can be a whole number of pixels from the left or top, or 0.5 to center.
define gui.name_xpos = 240
define gui.name_ypos = 0

ComputerArt.Club
Veteran
Completed: Famous Fables, BoPoMoFo: Learn Chinese, Santa's workshop, Cat's Bath, Computer Art Club

#3 Post by ComputerArt.Club »

One more tip, load the game and hit ctrl+D to open developer mode. Then try image location picker, open an image and then you can use the mouse to get coordinates, copy down the coordinates and you can use that to help you with placement. (I don't usually use this method, but you might find this or something similar useful)

Also, could take a screenshot or open an image and use GIMP (any tool I think, especially the ruler, check the bottom of the screen for the coordinates) or the slice tool in Photoshop to help you get the coordinates you need for positioning. GIMP is free.

nanashine
Regular
itch: renpytom

#4 Post by nanashine »

Thank you so much! I found it :)
I can't access my other account cause I don't remember the e-mail I used *cries in emoji*.