How can I align my menu choices?

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
nanashine
Regular
itch: renpytom

How can I align my menu choices?

#1 Post by nanashine »

So, I made a menu with many options. It's important to have those many options in this chapter of my story.

I wish I could print my problem, but right now I don't have my project. So I made these pics to explain :lol:

I wanted the options to look like this:

But for some reason it's looking like this:

The first options went so high that they're not showing lol

It's like the lowest it can stay is in the middle of the screen.

Is there a way I can fix it?
Like, putting this "limit" a litle lower, so the other options will show up as well?

Thanks.
I can't access my other account cause I don't remember the e-mail I used *cries in emoji*.

nanashine
Regular

Re: How can I align my menu choices?

#2 Post by nanashine »

Oh, that's ok. I found it in screens. You can close this topic if you want :)
I can't access my other account cause I don't remember the e-mail I used *cries in emoji*.

Remix
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: None... yet (as I'm still looking for an artist)
Projects: An un-named anime based trainer game

#3 Post by Remix »

Well done on finding the route to fix the issue.
There are also a number of settings in gui.rpy (mostly with prefix 'choice' if you do a search)

Some notes:
Ren'py (standard) puts the choice buttons in a vbox which has some style setting (spacing etc)
You can view all the styles (with config.developer = True) by hovering an item (a button makes sense) and pressing Shift + i ...
You could try tweaking the vbox styles based on how many items or just hammer away and get it looking right for all menu:s
Frameworks & Scriptlets:

nanashine
Regular

#4 Post by nanashine »

Thank you so much for the tips! I'm still a newbie on Renpy, so sometimes I get really lost XD