How to show the different meters in-game and how to modify the choice position when images

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
squarecup

How to show the different meters in-game and how to modify the choice position when images

#1 Post by squarecup »

Hello,

I'm totally new to Ren'Py (and French so yeah for the help ahah) and I'm kinda lost.

I have created the different variable :
variable.PNG
but I can't find how to show them in the game.

and secondly, I have a part of my game where I would like the choice to be image and to be aligned horizontally but I don't know how to do it :
choix.PNG
choix.PNG (8.2 KiB) Viewed 614 times
If someone know how to help me, you will seriously save me !

Thanks in advance :)

Empish
Veteran
Projects: Efemural Hearts, It Ends With Graduation
itch: empish

Re: How to show the different meters in-game and how to modify the choice position when images

#2 Post by Empish »

If you just want to show the value of the variable for debugging purposes, you can just output it to the screen with a say statement like this

Code: Select all

"[friendship]"
If you want a more complex visualization of it, you'd probably want to check out screen language. https://www.renpy.org/doc/html/screens.html

squarecup

Re: How to show the different meters in-game and how to modify the choice position when images

#3 Post by squarecup »

Empish wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:58 pm If you just want to show the value of the variable for debugging purposes, you can just output it to the screen with a say statement like this

Code: Select all

"[friendship]"
If you want a more complex visualization of it, you'd probably want to check out screen language. https://www.renpy.org/doc/html/screens.html
Oh thanks it's working ! But it's showing the value in the textbox, is there anyway to show it in the screen like something like this ?
Bg.PNG

Empish
Veteran
Projects: Efemural Hearts, It Ends With Graduation
itch: empish

#4 Post by Empish »

Yes. For that you'll want to check out the screen language that I mentioned.