RenPy new version - install Android SDK again...

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Apa
Regular

RenPy new version - install Android SDK again...

#1 Post by Apa »

Tom,
This is follow up to thread
>>Android Build failed Renpy 6.14
>Please hit "install sdk" again.
I do not install SDK to every RenPy version.
I create link instead
Directory of C:\renpy-6.99.14-sdk\rapt
01/20/2018 01:13 AM <JUNCTION> android-sdk-r24.4.1 [C:\android-sdk]

I wonder if you can change RenPy to look up Android SDK in env. instead of installing it:
ANDROID_HOME=c:\android-sdk
ANDROID_SDK_HOME=c:\android-sdk

If RenPy needs specific Android SDK Tools Revision or Build Tools, RenPy can try installing it into existing Android SDK or log error message and we can install it ourselves.
Android SDK is relatively big and It’ll be great if we don’t have to download it every time. :oops:
Thank you!

Dreamtale
Regular

Re: RenPy new version - install Android SDK again...

#2 Post by Dreamtale »

Okay, I have the same question. Can I change SDK Api level to like 28? Because Google will require minimum Api level 26 for the apps from August!

ComputerArt.Club
Veteran
Completed: Famous Fables, BoPoMoFo: Learn Chinese, Santa's workshop, Cat's Bath, Computer Art Club

#3 Post by ComputerArt.Club »

Yeah, both of these things concern me too, though I was just assuming that the latest version didn’t have the api issue. August is just round the corner and I have a new app and a few updates in progress. I’m still running an older version of Renpy, do you still get this issue on the latest version?

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#4 Post by PyTom »

A total rewrite of the android build system is being worked on. The goal is going to be to use a version of the Android SDK installed using Android Studio, and that's going to support a new API version. It's going to be tight to meet the deadline, but I hope to at least have a compliant prerelease out by then.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom