This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
1. How do I set it up so if the player idles on a certain line of dialogue it skips him to a new one? I have a timer set up but it seems to not be doing anything, and the one I found seems built for menus. I basically want it so if you sit on a certain dialogue line too long it jumps to a little easter egg scene and when that finishes, brings you back as if nothing happened.
Slightly related, I wanted to make it so an image switches to others while it's sitting there. It's going to be sorta like Doki Doki Literature Club like I'm sure a bunch of you know of already, where the character portrait 'glitches' as its sitting there. I have an image for unglitched and an image for glitched, but I also thought I'd set that on a timer to keep switching back and forth.
2. How do I make a character slide around? I know how to make them move around on show, like to enter the scene, but I'm a bit lost on how to make them either leave the scene in a certain direction or move around during dialogue. For instance, a character is at the center of the screen, and slides to the left when another one takes center spot.
- Posts: 18
- Joined: Sun May 28, 2017 12:17 am
- Completed: http://solarprotag.weebly.com/games.html
- Projects: Battle Live Series
- Tumblr: solarasketchbook
- itch: solarprotagonist
For the example you mentioned
you would do something like this!For instance, a character is at the center of the screen, and slides to the left when another one takes center spot.
Code: Select all
show Character at center chara "some dialogue you want to have them say" show Character at left with move show NewChara at center with moveinright
There's also the "moveout__" transformations which do the opposite.
Or if the character that takes the center spot is already shown, you can just use the move transformation instead.
I highly recommend giving the Transitions page on the docs a read, it even mentions transition families to customize your own versions of these transitions.