show at Move() disables another 'show at Move()'

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Jo'ogn
Veteran
Projects: Kassiopeia [iVN]

show at Move() disables another 'show at Move()'

#1 Post by Jo'ogn »

I have several layered background images, some of them are being moved. When I then move my character in the front (only) the moving images behind it vanish during the move() action and then reappear o_0; Is this an internal Ren'py issue?

Code: Select all

# setting up the background in the beginning 
   show flugzeug at Move((1.0,.1),(-1.0,.1),160.0,repeat=True) behind beach

# ...later in the game
   show ni happy flip at Position(xpos=.5,ypos=1.2) with dissolve
   ni "What do you mean 'what about you'?"
   show ni happy flip at Position(xpos=.3,ypos=1.2) with move
# during(!) this move the 'flugzeug' image in the back vanishes 
Audio Plays: [original] The White Feathers Directive - [Star Wars] Through Flame and Shadow
Ren'Py: Kassiopeia [very interactive VN] work in progress - looking for proof reader english

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran
Organization: happyB
Tumblr: happybackwards

Re: show at Move() disables another 'show at Move()'

#2 Post by Aleema »

Maybe there can only be one Move at a time? Have you tried defining a custom move statement and moving Ni with that?

"$ moveni = MoveTransition(0.5)
show ni at Position() with moveni" or something? >_>

If that doesn't work, try Panning your BG.

Jo'ogn
Veteran
Projects: Kassiopeia [iVN]

Re: show at Move() disables another 'show at Move()'

#3 Post by Jo'ogn »

Aleema wrote:Maybe there can only be one Move at a time?
No, I didn't say it, but In fact I have already two objects moving in the background. They both vanish, during the period 'ni' is moved in the foreground.

Pan() isn't an option, because it's to pan over a large image which needs to be bigger than the game's resolution.

I didn't try your other suggestion yet. Thanks ^_^

I should ask PyTom. He actually has seen part of the moves I am talking about, because it caused Ren'Py 6.9.0d to crash. Somehow I suspect that sth happens with the rendering layers inside of Ren'py. Because the moves are set 'behind' other images.
Audio Plays: [original] The White Feathers Directive - [Star Wars] Through Flame and Shadow
Ren'Py: Kassiopeia [very interactive VN] work in progress - looking for proof reader english