Make text visible by sliding up at a certain position?

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
newbiemate
Regular

Make text visible by sliding up at a certain position?

#1 Post by newbiemate »

Imagine I have a black solid line drawn in the middle of the viewport frame at y=window.height / 2. I want hidden text centered immediately below this line, but as it slides up it shows itself little by little until you can read it fully. The sliding stops as it reaches y = (window.height / 2) - 200.

I know I can use transforms to slide screen objects, but the examples I see usually slides things into the frame from beyond the viewport borders, making them "appear". But I'm not clear how to do this if I want to slide text into view while inside the viewport frame. How can I do this? And if I have visible things drawn below the line, would this affect how the text will be hidden and slid up?